Deadline – Friday, January 5th, 2024
CMAB International Internship program’s goal is to provide young agriculture/dairy college students an opportunity to learn about dairy foods and marketing in the international marketplace. Our goal is to develop leaders who will serve on dairy industry boards, work in dairy foods processing or sales/marketing. The internship is open to college students who are enrolled in a college or university agriculture/ dairy program and have strong ties to the dairy industry, a willingness to travel abroad and learn about the international dairy industry.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
- Six-week long internship will run from July through August 2024
- The selected interns will receive a $5,000 stipend for the six-week program; CMAB will also cover travel and lodging
- International positions will include hands-on marketing for CMAB and other commodity board products
- Spend the summer learning about CMAB international and domestic marketing programs
- Up to three international internships available for Summer 2024. We will place up to three interns for assignment with CMAB’s marketing partners in Mexico (1) and South Korea (2)
A list of several activities the intern will be responsible for conducting during the six-week internship; some video content may need to be completed prior to arrival in designated country. This is a general outline of projects interns will be assigned during the program.
- Market Research – Provide information about the dairy market in the country. Understanding what is in the market is as important as understanding our footprint. Research in both the retail and foodservice channels will be required. Tasks will include, but not limited to, taking images in retail stores, price points and product presentation (size, etc.) of imported dairy products. Interviews with foodservice providers will focus on current products in market as well as opportunities for product growth.
- Videos – Prior to arriving in-country, you will create a video that can be utilized in the market as a presentation for your dairy farm. This video will also be translated into their native language and will included in our social media platforms. CMAB will assist with video production details. In addition to a farm video, you will create recipe videos that are specific to the foods in each country. The food videos will be created during the internship.
- Presentation – Create a presentation about California dairy products, such as types of dairy available, history of each product, production volume, etc.
- Other projects will be assigned based on the country, but may include baking/culinary events, trade shows and in-country travel for conferences or events for the marketing companies who represent California dairy in each market.
- Must be at least 18 years old and a U.S. citizen
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Currently enrolled in an agriculture related program at a college or university and have a connection to the California dairy industry
- Must have a passport valid through 2026
- At conclusion of internship interns will be required to create a Power Point presentation outlining the activities involved in during internship and suggestions for improvement of the program. Presentation will be given at the September 2024 CMAB Board Meeting
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- International medical insurance will be provided to interns during the internship
- In-person training session about CMAB programs and international business etiquette
Interested candidates must submit a completed application, including an essay, by Friday, January 5th, 2024 via email to email@example.com. Please include in the subject line: CMAB International Internship Application.
- Application MUST include:
- A Linked In profile
- Two letters of reference from college or university professors
- Current resume
- An unofficial copy of current transcripts
- Only applicants who meet the established judging criteria on the application will be invited to a phone interview
For application or questions, send inquiry to Melissa Lema at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 209-690-8248.