Yields 1 3/4 Cups
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 8 ounces pitted green olives
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of fresh marjoram, chopped, plus a few sprigs for garnish
- 8 ounces Fromage Blanc cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place almonds on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, watching closely until lightly browned. Cool and reserve 2 tablespoons for garnish.
- Place remaining almonds in a food processor and pulse until chopped medium fine. Transfer to a medium size bowl and stir in marjoram.
- Place the olives and olive oil in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add to almond mixture and mix well.
- Spread 1/2 of the Fromage Blanc in the bottom of a small glass serving bowl. Spread olive mixture evenly over the Fromage Blanc. Spread remaining layer over olive layer. Garnish with almonds and marjoram sprigs. May be made ahead. Serve at room temperature.